Orso d’Abruzzo Orso Nero – Red Wine – 2018
- Grape varieties: black grapes
- Area: Sweet hills between Maiella and the Adriatic Sea
- Grapes: The red wine “Orso Nero” comes from the combination of the famous Italian Montepulciano grape and the Merlot grape of French origin.
- Soil: Medium mixture/tending to clayey
- Altimetry and exposure: 180-250 m.a.s.l.
- Age of vineyards: 25-30 years old
- Vine training system: Pergola Abruzzese
- Grape harvest: Manual harvesting, with selection of the best bunches of grapes
- Vinification: Beginning of the first ten days of October in order to allow the Merlot to over-ripen in the vineyard, the grapes arrived in the cellar are processed and subjected to a long maceration, in contact with skins, at a fermentation temperature of about 28° C. At the end of this process the wine is aged in steel tanks for 15-18 months. After this process the wine is aged in steel tanks for 15-18 months and then in bottles for another 24 months.
- Alcohol content: 14.5% ABV
- Food and wine pairing and serving temperature: Boiled, roasted, and braised meat. 18-20° C
- Sight: Intense purple red, with coppery hue.
- Smell: Intense notes of tobacco, cocoa and leather with peppery touches and traces of carob and fennel. The fruity vein is of blueberry, black cherry and blood orange. Hints of undergrowth, mushrooms and pepper.
- Taste: In the mouth decidedly pleasant, balanced tannin and balanced sip.
- Food and wine pairing: Tagliata di Carne, lamb baked with herbs, and game.
- Format: 0,750 ml
Bottled by CH/20305IT
on behalf of TENUTA MICOLI SRL
Loc. Guastameroli, Via XXIV Maggio
Frisa (CH) – ITALY
- Contains sulfites
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Produced in Italy
- Waste for disposal: green glass, cork, aluminum capsules