Orso d’Abruzzo Orso Nero – Red Wine -2019
- Grape varieties: Montepulciano/Merlot
- Area: Sweet hills between Maiella and the Adriatic Sea
- Grapes: The red wine “Orso Nero” comes from the combination of the famous Italian Montepulciano grape and the Merlot grape of French origin.
- Soil: Medium mixture/tending to clayey
- Altimetry and exposure: 180-250 m.a.s.l.
- Age of vineyards: 25-30 years old
- Vine training system: Pergola Abruzzese
- Grape harvest: Manual harvesting, with selection of the best bunches of grapes
- Vinification: Beginning of the first ten days of October in order to allow the Merlot to over-ripen in the vineyard, the grapes arrived in the cellar are processed and subjected to a long maceration, in contact with skins, at a fermentation temperature of about 28° C. At the end of this process the wine is aged in steel tanks for 15-18 months. After this process the wine is aged in steel tanks for 15-18 months and then in bottles for another 24 months.
- Alcohol content: 14.5% ABV
- Food and wine pairing and serving temperature: Boiled, roasted, and braised meat. 18-20° C
- Sight: Intense purple red tending to ruby.
- Smell: Graceful olfactory spectrum of cherry, blueberry and red petal flowers notes. Rivulets of sage and pepper. Ethereal underlining of wax.
- Taste: Full-bodied, not imposing tannin, fruity with almond aftertaste. Wine presumably with good evolutionary potential.
- Food and wine pairing: Breaded mushrooms, structured first courses, and meat with oriental spices.
Bottled by CH/20305IT on behalf of TENUTA MICOLI SRL
Loc. Guastameroli, Via XXIV Maggio
Frisa (CH) – ITALY
- Contains sulfites
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Produced in Italy
- Waste for disposal: green glass, cork, aluminum capsules