Pecorino Orso Bianco – Controlled Designation of Origin – Organic Wine
- Grape varieties: Minimum 85% Pecorino
- Area: Hills of Chieti-slopes of Maiella
- Grapes: A native white grape variety, legend has it that the name comes from the shepherds: pecorino, the wine of the shepherds. It has always been cultivated in the Sibillini Mountains and in a short time it spread southward arriving in Abruzzo where it found excellent conditions for the growth and yield of excellent wines.
- Soil: Medium mixture-limestone
- Altimetry and exposure: 300-500 m.a.s.l.
- Age of vineyards: 15-20 years old
- Vine training system: Pergola Abruzzese
- Grape harvest: Manual
- Vinification: Harvesting starts between the end of September and the beginning of October. The fermentation with certified organic yeasts takes place under careful supervision of temperatures so that at the end of maturation the wine acquires the complex and important tones that characterize it.
- Alcohol content: 12.5% ABV
- Food and wine pairing and serving temperature: Raw fish, risotto, and medium-aged cheese. 9-11° C
- Sight: Straw yellow with greenish reflections.
- Smell: Crispy pulp with tropical nuances, hints of walnut and almond.
- Notes of wild flowers: chamomile in primis and sage.
- Taste: In the mouth sapid perception, fruity of apple and white melon, full bodied and persistent wine.
- Food and wine pairing: Pallotte Cacio e Ova, stewed angler fish with potatoes and onion, Pasta alla Carbonara, and baked fish.
BOTTLED BY TENUTA MICOLI SRL
Loc. Guastameroli, Via XXIV Maggio
Frisa (CH) – Italy
at plant 069002 – IT
CONTROLLED CERTIFIED BY CCPB
Control body authorized by MIPAAFIT – BIO – 009
CONTROLLED OPERATOR N.EZ24
- Contains sulfites
- Not recommended for pregnant women
- Produced in Italy
- Waste for disposal: green glass, cork, aluminum capsules